Actual MSD PLC automation door/ controller.
PROJECT: CARPARK ACCESS
CLIENT: MSD - ROTORUA
We were asked to provide automation and access control for 20+ staff members to the off street MSD private carparking compound via the existing roller door. The access control required the ability to:
1) Police multiple users and delete users on a case by case basis.
2) Allow users to operate the roller doors while safely in their vehicles...or when in the carparking compound or adjacent main building.
3) Illuminate the carparking compound whenever a user was entering or exiting the vicinity.
4) Prohibit the operation of the roller door if it was obstructed by a pedestrian or vehicle.
5) Automatic closure of the roller doors after 30 seconds for security reasons.
6) The ability to leave the roller door open or lock the roller door closed.
7) Provide the option for adding a user panic alarm.
Actual MSD PLC automation controller.
We designed and built a small PLC control panel with our generic door/gate software loaded to automate the door, and communicate with the existing safety beams. Two added customized programs were added for outputs to automate the external lighting (with a 5 minute delay off) and panic alarm siren. Additional programming was coded to incorporate the use of the existing roller door limit switch.
Radio frequency hand held 4 button remote fobs, and a weigand numeric keypads provide the end user control. A control panel was assembled to locate the plc controller locally adjacent to the hardware and field devices. New LED flood lighting was installed and automated via a lighting contactor triggered by the roller door activations. An additional ESX control panel will be added to expand the system to a maximum of 2000 users and provides advanced network capability to monitor activations, users and police individual users access rights.
Weigand ESX door access with PLC door automation prior to installation and battery back-up psu.
A Schneider Zelio SR3B101BD PLC controller was used for the roller door, lights and panic alarm automation.
AAP Infinity radio frequency hand held 4 button remote fobs were utilized for end user remote activations.
AAP Weigand numeric keypad allows for end user local automation control.
AAP ESX access control panel will be added to expand the system to a maximum of 2000 users and provides advanced network capability to monitor user activations, and police individual users access rights.
Phillips 100W LED flood lighting panels.
HMI screen displaying gate feedback
HMI panel displaying gate feedback